Friday, December 14, 2012

Guns don't kill people. People AND guns kill people!!!

As many of my friends know, I don't tend to stay away from controversial topics.  I am always ready to share my opinion on certain subjects.  Lucky for all of you, I am now joining the "gun" conversation.

To begin, I want you to understand that I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate guns.  I truly believe that without guns, we wouldn't have as much violence as we do have.  I have heard all of the quips from the conservative side and they have not changed my mind.

I have often heard "guns don't kill people, people do".  That, in and of itself, is true.  Guns need somebody to pull the trigger.  However, I think the gun certainly helps.  If the person didn't have a gun, he/she would not have the same opportunity to do this damage.

I, also, hear people say that if the person didnt have a gun, he/she would find another weapon and still kill.  There is a problem with that.  Any other weapon that somebody could use (knife, baseball bat, etc) has another purpose.  Guns only have one purpose: TO KILL!!!   You might be able to put a wire through it and make a lovely lamp.  However, I don't think that too many people do that.  For those who think that a gun can compare with other weapons, I want you to try this.  Tell a hunter that instead of using a gun, he/she should use a knife or a baseball bat.  Afterwards, ask them how much game they got.  I would be willing to bet that they would have gotten quite a bit less.  With other perceived weapons, the victims would have a fighting chance.  However, with a gun, you have a much worse chance of surviving.

For me, a perfect world would be a world without guns.  However, I know that'll never happen.  Therefore, we need better gun control.  It must be harder to get a gun.  I know that some criminals will still get guns.  However, if you have to jump through more hoops to get a gun, less will  be able to get one.  We need LESS guns in the world!!!

 Hopefully, this will happen soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment